August 25, 2026

Shit! (pardon my French)

 

In this short blog article I show a cartoon that I drew a very long time ago in CorelDRAW, years later edited in Affinity Designer and recently, added more detail in Canva, that has bought Affinity. In the latter program I had to restart working from a bitmap (which I manually traced in CorelDRAW), since I no longer have that program, but I must admit, this is relatively easy in Canva, that combines Vector, Pixel and Layout (which is a full function DTP module) in a single Studio environment (....), that saves and opens these files in a single format (which is significantly useful). I nicked the original file from somewhere on the web, but over time added many details it did not contain. Painstakingly tinkering often characterises many aspects of my artwork, that forces me to use a lot of functions that 'normal' people usually do not apply.

Canva's combination of vector and pixel modules actually helps a lot to continue to work on pixel based legacy files and CorelDRAW files that I can't open, since I no longer have the program; I recommend Canva to artists that share a similar problem that I have more often than I used to encounter in the past. Canva, by the way is free of charge, which perhaps is the beginning of the death knell for the absolutely ridiculously priced Adobe suit (with the exception of AI modules, that I think many artists never use). By the way, the spider web is empty, because its owner was eaten by the snake, before he began to devour the pig, which prohibited the serpent from answering the phone.  Anyway, below you see the image I referred to. And I apologise for the title of this cartoon. Oh and click on the image to see a larger version in Google's lightbox. Enjoy and maybe see you in the next blog to come, that is if I continue to live to write one.